The sisters turn to The Elders for advice about Harry (Rupert Evans). Mel (Melonie Diaz), fed up with The Elders rules, turns to Jada (guest star Aleyse Shannon) for help without telling her sisters. With a plan in place, they must face an unexpected threat which leads Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) to find a strength she didn't know she had. Meanwhile, Galvin (Ser'Darius Blain) shares some shocking news with Macy (Madeleine Mantock) that will change everything.
Book of Shadows
- Telekinesis: Macy’s primary power. Used to throw a cup in trash can. Used to open locked office door. Use to move a safe to pin the demon Dante to a wall. Used to throw lots of keys at the demon Alistair. Used to throw a file into Alistair’s forehead.
- Temporal Stasis: Mel’s primary power. Used to freeze the demon Dante twice.
- Telepathy: Maggie’s primary power. Used to read Harry’s mind.
- Portal Teleportation: Used by Charity to transport herself and later the paint can she thought contained the Harbinger of Hell.
- Shadow Mimicry: Used by Parker to transform into a shadow form.
- Intangibility: Used by Parker to transport himself, Macy and Mel to Alastair's office.
- Shapeshifting: Dante's ability to transform his finger into a key to open Tartarus.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by Alastair to throw fire.
- Incineration: Used by Alastair to burn a bunch of flying keys into nothingness.
- Mind Control: Used by Alastair to compel Julia to tell him what he wanted to know.
- Teleportation: Used by Alastair to teleport out of harm's way.
- This episode marks the first time the Charmed Ones met Alastair Caine in person.
- According to the end, Mel is the real half-sister while Macy and Maggie share the same father.
- It is now confirmed that Mel destroyed the shard of the Scythe of Tartarus Jada gave her, since they had to go to great lengths to retrieve Harry from Tartarus.
Answered Questions from the Previous Episode(s)
- How will the Charmed Ones save Harry from Tartarus?
- By trading the Harbinger of Hell with a demon named Dante to send it to Tartarus.
- Will Maggie come to forgive Parker?
- As of yet, they are officially broken up.
- What is Niko doing back in Hilltowne?
- Why do Macy and Maggie share the same father?
- Who is the witch released from Tartarus?
References to the Original Charmed
- In this episode, the Charmed Ones generated a powerful force field to hold back Alastair's fire. In the original series, the Charmed Ones only ever created a force field while they were transformed into Greek goddesses to protect an Elder from two powerful Titans.
- The episode was watched by TBD million U.S. viewers.
- This episode's title is a reference to Keep Calm and Carry On, a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for World War II.
- This is the first episode to air in 2019 and the first with a character name on the title.
- Ellen Tamaki returns in this episode. She was last seen in Other Women.
- It was mentioned before that Macy, Mel, and Maggie all come from different fathers. But in this episode, it is confirmed that two of the sisters share the same father.
- Alastor: Oh, hey Mags, how's it going, sorry to hear about the breakup.
- Maggie: Can we kill him now?
- Alastor: I'd like to see you try, empath. Do you know what they say about a witch with passive powers? Nothing.
- Maggie: How am I supposed to look at you again? You make me not want to feel.
- Parker: And you made me want to feel.
- Parker: Yes, my dad is the demon Alastor, also known as the Dark Master.
- Mel: Also known as the dick who stole the harbinger. I get it, the demonic apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
|Season 1 Episodes|
|"Pilot" ▪ "Let This Mother Out" ▪ "Sweet Tooth" ▪ "Exorcise Your Demons" ▪ "Other Women" ▪ "Kappa Spirit" ▪ "Out of Scythe" ▪ "Bug a Boo" ▪ Jingle Hell|
|Keep Calm and Harry On ▪ Witch Perfect ▪ 1.12 ▪ 1.13 ▪ 1.14 ▪ 1.15 ▪ 1.16 ▪ 1.17 ▪ 1.18 ▪ 1.19 ▪ 1.20 ▪ 1.21 ▪ 1.22|