|“||What if someone just showed up...claiming to be your sister?||”|
Melanie "Mel" Vera is the middle sister among the Charmed Ones. She is a passionate, outspoken lesbian activist. She is the middle daughter of Marisol Vera. Through her mother, Mel is the younger half-sister of Macy Vaughn and the older sister of Maggie Vera.
Mel, born as Melaine Vera was born the second daughter to Marisol Vera and first daughter to an unknown father. She was born sometime after her older half-sister, Macy. Marisol bound her powers as she did with Macy and later Maggie at birth.
More Coming Soon
Powers and Abilities
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Molecular Immobilization: The ability to slow down molecules to the point that they freeze. This is Mel's primary ability as a witch.
Mel is a passionate, outspoken young woman. A firebrand social justice warrior, she is deeply feeling person and a self-proclaimed "feminist".
Mel Vera is a young woman in her early twenties.
Nico Hamada Mel's main love interest. They have an on-again-off-again relationship.
- She is the middle sister, similar to Piper Halliwell.
- She is based off Piper Halliwell from the original series.
- In the original series, Piper was a shy and introverted chef; in the reboot, Mel is a social justice warrior lesbian.
- A self-proclaimed lesbian feminist.
- Mel is the first LGBT+ character to appear in the series.
- It's likely that Mel was named after Melinda Warren (the first Witch in the Warren/Halliwell Bloodline) and Melinda Halliwell (Mel's original counterpart's daughter).
- Melonie Diaz who plays Mel is actually the eldest of the three actresses playing the Vera sisters, despite Mel being the middle sister.
|Charmed: Season 1 Appearances|
|1. "Pilot"||2. "TBA"|
|3. "TBA"||4. "TBA"|
|5. "TBA"||6. "TBA"|
|7. "TBA"||8. "TBA"|
|9. "TBA"||10. "TBA"|
|11. "TBA"||12. "TBA"|