|“||You are the Charmed Ones; the most powerful trio of witches.||”|
— Harry, to the Vera sisters[src]
The Charmed Ones are the chosen three sisters, known as the most powerful trio of witches in the world. They are the champions of good in the fight against evil and to protect the innocents. Each Charmed One has a unique power in addition to their basic Wiccan powers. The magical bond of the sisters is known as The Power of Three, which is the most powerful form of magic.
Marisol Vera was a powerful witch who birthed three daughters by three different men. Her eldest daughter, Macy was given over to her father to be raised while Marisol raised her second and third daughters, Mel and Maggie.
Three months after her untimely demise at the hands of an as-of-yet-to-be-known evil, Macy moved to town and discovered her family. When she went to meet her sisters, their powers unbound. Harry Greenwood, their whitelighter, explained the situation and told them to decide whether to accept their destiny as witches within the next forty-eight hours. After some bonding and much consideration, the sisters unanimously agreed to accept their new fate, becoming the Charmed Ones and vanquished their first demon together.
They are currently under tutelage by Harry, while also battling demons who seek to unleash chaos on the world and summon the Source of All Evil.
Powers and Abilities
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects with her mind. This is Macy's primary ability as a witch.
- Molecular Immobilization: The ability to slow down molecules to the point that they freeze. This is Mel's primary ability as a witch.
- Telepathy: The ability to hear people's thoughts. This is Maggie's primary ability as a witch.
- Power of Three: The Charmed Ones' collective power, which they utilize to fight evil forces. This ability comes from their sisterhood.
- In the original Charmed, the Charmed Ones were Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell, and Paige Matthews. The last sister joined in after the eldest sister was killed by a demon.
- Unlike the original series, the Veras get a choice as to whether they become The Charmed Ones. The Halliwell sisters didn't get that luxury.
- Despite having obtained all of their individual powers, The Charmed Ones are required to accept their destiny as witches together to unlock the Power of Three.